8% 8% 
[ 1 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 12

March Protest Pre Game

Post  Captain_Goodnight on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:42 pm

OK, March pre game planning is go!

There are 4 choices above. I've decided to include Sunday dates in case we want to mull putting a monkey wrench into their fake $unday $ervices and to keep March 15th open since it marks one year since the largest anon protest ever.

The theme is open to debate but I suggest "Bring da noise" which means we want to be loud and proud. Blinking lights on clothes + signs via cheap LED's such as throwies. Party noise makers. Music. Loud chanting. Anything to let the scilons know this is far from over. What do you think?

I'm setting the poll up for multi votes and vote cancellation in case you have to back out for a day. So please vote if you will be there. You can always remove it later. Vote for any and all you can or want to attend and then we can sort out what date will bring the biggest pull. If we have total tie or everyone can do all dates, which would be amazing, then we will probably do the 15th.

So far sounds like we are going to have a lot of anons coming to this one. Will be good after 3 fairly low key months.

Edit: For those who groan at the idea of a 5 hours protest, you spend as much time protesting as you want. This is just the window of opportunity for lulz and the maximum time we will be out there. Chances are everyone will decide to end it before that point.

Last edited by Captain_Goodnight on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:43 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added poll + text)
Captain_Goodnight
Operating Anon VII

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-04-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: March Protest Pre Game

Post  doctor lovely on Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:45 am

This is relevant to my interests.
doctor lovely
Operating Anon I

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-03-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:02 pm

doctor lovely wrote:This is relevant to my interests.

And your interests are relevant to those of us who have missed you.

Brings some friends. We'll party before, during and after. I'm working on an idea for discrete adult-type refresments and Mrs. C has been thinking of green cookie recipes.

WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER BEFORE THE EVENT!!!!

(Yes, it'll be Lent, for those of you Jeebus folks out there, but surely Jeebus couldn't hold it against you for having a good time tweaking the nose of a cult, especially a cut that claims he was a pedophile...)

From the chaos that followed the Big Bang, the Universe as we know it coalesced, although it still contains chaos within. From the chaos that is the intertubes the Anonymous coalesced, containing the chaos each within themselves.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moonchylde on Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:10 am

Hey, ya'll, I'm down for whatever, though the fifteenth sounds the best (beware the ides of march and all that crap). I've been out of things too damned long, due to a large amount of personal strife and whatnot. I still have all those problems, but shit, this sounds like a good way to vent some frustrations, no?

Depending on whether I'm homeless or not before then (long story), I'll most likely be there, and if the current theme suggestion sticks, I'll be there with bells on...
moonchylde
Resident Fur-fag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:54 am

We can be homeless together, at least it's warming up guy fawkes mask Shopping cart? Better to study up on the hobo signage and lingo first however.
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

Number of posts : 1338

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:31 am

Just some motivation for March. An old meme song with new, meaningful, lyrics...

Enjoy.

We're here partially for the lulz of seeing the scilons scurry when we appear (and they do it so wonderfully by trying so hard not to look like it). But we should never forget the other reason: to help those inside get outside with us.

Last edited by Cudgel on Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my typing sucks!)

From the chaos that followed the Big Bang, the Universe as we know it coalesced, although it still contains chaos within. From the chaos that is the intertubes the Anonymous coalesced, containing the chaos each within themselves.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain_Goodnight on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

/r/ Mod to move this into it's own directory and archive feb.
Captain_Goodnight
Operating Anon VII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain_Goodnight on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:02 am

This event below is happening during or after our protest! I suggest that we might break around 3 and head over to start dumping flyers among the crowd. There will be a former politician speaking there too, so this gives us visibility to the government!

It's Time to Party like it's 1773!!

Tea Parties protesting the stimulus bill and President Obama's mortgage bailout are sweeping the nation.

It's time for Cincinnati to be added to the list!

Please join us on March 15, 2009 and make your voice heard. You are not alone with your frustration.
Visit our website for more information and to confirm your attendance.
Get your friends and family there!

Speakers committed so far:
Former Congressman Steve Chabot

Where: Fountain Square
When: March 15th
Time: 3pm - 5pm

Flyering may or may not be ok since this is fountain square, but we might get away with it across the street from it. At the least we can talk to people about how the scilons are tax exempt and get special tax breaks that no other American gets. This whole thing in the square is about how pissed off people are at our govt over the economic situation, so they will be quite pissed off to find out that the govt is sucking scilon dick while they get screwed by the tax man more and more each year.
Captain_Goodnight
Operating Anon VII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:34 am

good idea!
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:52 am

Scary wrote:good idea!

What she said.

Also, I have a $10 card for free printing/copying at Office Depot - they mailed it to me. If we decide on a sheet to pass out and I get it in my grubby (been doing home repairs this morning) little hands a few days before the raid - PROFIT.

Talk amongst yourselves.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GiantBaby on Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:53 pm

Captain_Goodnight wrote:Flyering may or may not be ok since this is fountain square, but we might get away with it across the street from it.
3CDC leases fountain square from the City of Cincinnati. There *may* be unconstitutional restrictions with flyering on the square that have yet to be challenged. BUT, the sidewalk surrounding the square is still unleased public property, so that should not be a problem.
GiantBaby
Operating Anon V

Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2008-04-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:16 pm

GiantBaby wrote:
Captain_Goodnight wrote:Flyering may or may not be ok since this is fountain square, but we might get away with it across the street from it.
3CDC leases fountain square from the City of Cincinnati. There *may* be unconstitutional restrictions with flyering on the square that have yet to be challenged. BUT, the sidewalk surrounding the square is still unleased public property, so that should not be a problem.

The setup used by the city to have control of public property by a private non-profit foundation has been challenged in other cities (notably Philadelphia, where the practice evolved to keep several white supremist groups from holding public specticals). It has been found to be constitutional by the courts. If need be I can go through all the paperwork in storage to find the citations from a class I took some years ago.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain_Goodnight on Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:43 pm

Just so you know, back in April me and a bunch of other anons were booted off fountain square by the CPD who told us we need a permit to have signs and fliers there. But yes I think the sidewalks may be ok. But I just want people to be prepared to deal with requests by CPD to put away the signs and to stop fliers.

Even so, if we spent just a few minutes there, 15 or so should do, it could get us noticed, maybe even by the press if they come to cover the event.
Captain_Goodnight
Operating Anon VII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Nuthin but questions today (and an invitation)

Post  Cudgel on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:26 pm

Please note that unless a miracle happens I cannot be at a raid on March 15. Working for a living sucks.

Anyone have any thoughts on hand-outs for March yet? Preferably something we can give out in front of the org and on our foray to the Square's edges. I miss Tigger and her gifts!!!!!!!

Will we once again get together before the raid? We seem to have lost the cohesion that a social/planning gathering gave us when we started this. Contact those you know who haven't been around for a while and tell them I'd like to buy them a beer/glass of wine/cola/mixed adult beverage of their choice next Saturday afternoon (March 7). I need feedback from you and them as to how many can make it. Probably the Irish again. Post your replies (I'm optimistic, notice the use of a plural) here.

I'm working on maybe having some large banners (depends on if I have a printer that will print them) - I need ideas for large letter long, single line of text pieces of paper.

Last edited by Cudgel on Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mt typing still sucks!)

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:39 am

I am pretty much up shit creek...not sure about a premeet, although I could sure use a beer.
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Cudgel wrote:Will we once again get together before the raid? We seem to have lost the cohesion that a social/planning gathering gave us when we started this. Contact those you know who haven't been around for a while and tell them I'd like to buy them a beer/glass of wine/cola/mixed adult beverage of their choice next Saturday afternoon (March 7). I need feedback from you and them as to how many can make it. Probably the Irish again. Post your replies (I'm optimistic, notice the use of a plural) here.

Apparently, my optimism was misplaced. Other than Scary's reply that she could use a beer, I've received nothing. But I guess that's a good thing as a family obligation has reared its ugly head and noe I can't come this Saturday, either.

Maybe some other time.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain_Goodnight on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to do a pre-meet.

Also, time for us to settle on a raid date, or even dates if there are enough people each day.

Saturday the 14th is probably out for me now. But the 15th is in. I know some people have said they can only come to one or the other. Maybe we could raid twice. A two /r/aids might go well towards dealing a blow to the local hive of scum and villainy. We've already had a flash raid last week and that already has them pissed off (awesome job BTW Deet). So it may be that if enough people are divided on which day to go, we can just hit them in 2 waves. One on the 14th, then again on the 21st.

What do you think? I could potentially do both the 15th and the 21st.
Captain_Goodnight
Operating Anon VII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:51 pm

I'm unavailable until the 21st (cursed work! Just wait until the Publisher's Clearing House car comes to MY house!)

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mobius_121 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:41 pm

Just got the call today from my Stage Manager, Robbie. As it turns out, "the Construction stage for Little Shop of Horrors has to be started at an earlier date then previously specified."

In essence: I'll be locked up with almost all of my free time is now property of the NCH Drama Department for the a month or so. I won't be able to make this protest (maybe not the next one either:!: )

But, as always, I'll be there in spirit, or some other motivational crap.

BTW: Cudgel, I've yet to recieve any pics of Feb's protest. Still scanning those albums?
Mobius_121
Anon

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  haddug on Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:57 pm

I can make it on the 14th at any time, but the 15th is out.

I\'ll give you a little help OSA: I\'m the one wearing a mask.

As featured in Maxim Magazine
haddug

Number of posts : 334

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:02 pm

I am sunk on the 15th now. sorry.
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain_Goodnight on Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:40 pm

I may be able to do the 14th but I'll have to leave early. Probably 2 hours max for me. If you had changes, please go up, cancel your vote and then re-add it with the days you can make.
Captain_Goodnight
Operating Anon VII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:23 pm

I can come on the 21st..and Cudge, you can buy me a beer then I deserve it!
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Scary wrote:I can come on the 21st..and Cudge, you can buy me a beer then I deserve it!

Maybe 2.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Captain_Goodnight on Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:54 pm

Ok, so it's looking like people are moving towards the consensus of doing the 21st. I can do that. So it is sounding like 14th/15th is bad. But this isn't a problem, it gives more time for warmer weather to appear. If the 21st is anything like today or yesterday, it will be a great raid!

So folks, how is the 21st sounding for everyone?
Captain_Goodnight
Operating Anon VII

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top