December Doings

View previous topic View next topic Go down

December Doings

Post  Cudgel on Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:44 am

The Autumn section if the forum is now (or should be) locked. New posts should go in the Winter section.

As fro December: yes, I'm late setting this up. No apologies. I had my reasons...

Mrs. C has had a thought. She suggests that since it's late in the month we consider each buying a holiday card that specifically mentions family and mail it anonymously to the cult. Signed by The Anonymous, of course. They should be mailed through mailboxes no where near where anyone lives (point of origin can be tracked if needed). Going this route will result in double cookies (TWO KINDS - SEE THE POLL - if we do an IRL in December, the top cookie will be there, if we don't IRL until January, the top TWO will appear. Suggestions are welcome, too, but no guarantees. The poll will run for 7 days ONLY!) in January...

My idea was to suggest a candlelight protest some late afternoon or evening (not necessarily a Saturday) with signs naming the dearly departed (lisa, etc.) and asking those inside if they've heard from their families lately. Video could be quite compelling. Christmas eve is definitely out for me, but otherwise I'm loose (thanks to a very understanding Mrs. C!).

Anyone else got any thoughts?

From the chaos that followed the Big Bang, the Universe as we know it coalesced, although it still contains chaos within. From the chaos that is the intertubes the Anonymous coalesced, containing the chaos each within themselves.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: December Doings

Post  Scary on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 am

We should also poll the date. Maybe the 28th? School is out, no excuses? I shall go make my cookie selection.

Sorry for not grabbing the gold ring here. I have no excuse for myself!
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

Number of posts : 1338

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moonchylde on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:21 pm

The candlelight vigil idea is pure genius. It'd definitely get attention, and if we do it on the 28th it'll start getting dark about the same time people are leaving their offices and workplaces, so we'll have a lot of visibility.
moonchylde
Resident Fur-fag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cookies

Post  Cudgel on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:02 pm

The cookie poll has been deleted. While shew was baking for another event this coming week, Mrs. C unilaterally decided to bake two of HER favorite cookies: ginger snaps and chocolate chip.

Sorry if anyone is disappointed.

From the chaos that followed the Big Bang, the Universe as we know it coalesced, although it still contains chaos within. From the chaos that is the intertubes the Anonymous coalesced, containing the chaos each within themselves.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:03 pm

moonchylde wrote:The candlelight vigil idea is pure genius. It'd definitely get attention, and if we do it on the 28th it'll start getting dark about the same time people are leaving their offices and workplaces, so we'll have a lot of visibility.

Glad you may be able to join us if we go on Monday. Mrs. C sez she'll have something special for you. We still need to copy the recipes for you. I'll try to bring them with me...

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Monday, MOnday, can't trust that day

Post  Cudgel on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:15 am

OK, faggots, fellow Anons it's a go for Monday! My thinking is that we meet at the old same place around 4 and go to the borg bearing lighted candles (I have them already) and signs especially made for the day. I'll do signs along the lines of "Why are they dead?" and "Happy Holidays! Have you talked to your family lately?" Any other signs gratefully accepted. See the new section for discussing appropriate themes.

Rusty: you had a flyer a few months ago about the dead. Any chance of either getting around 20 copies or having you post the file so I can reprint it?

And what say ye as a group about a little holiday cheer afterward?

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 pm

Will do

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:13 pm

cudge shall we make our mission BEFORE the raid? That would be best for me...seems I have some anonydrinking to do post raid and before I go get loverly for an evening party at which I may or may not meet new people of the penile variety...got to give it my best shot...winter is cold.
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

Number of posts : 1338

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:23 pm

Scary wrote:cudge shall we make our mission BEFORE the raid? That would be best for me...seems I have some anonydrinking to do post raid and before I go get loverly for an evening party at which I may or may not meet new people of the penile variety...got to give it my best shot...winter is cold.

Ever hear Monty Python's Medical Love Song? Something in your message reminds me of it...

Before is not a problem. Move this to PMs and suggest where to rendez-vous around 3 p.m. to start the mission. That should give us plenty of time should we make contact.

Mysterous sounding, isn't it?

anon

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  moonchylde on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Hey, all, it's looking like I'm not going to make it today after all. My ride decided to go to Cleveland for four days, so I'm pretty much stranded in Alexandria. Hopefully next time... Crying or Very sad

Give em' frozen holiday hell for me, k?

~Moon

EDIT: Ok, never mind. I'm still coming, though I'll be traveling by bus. Depending on which one I catch, I'll either be 45 minutes early or 15 minutes late, and getting home'll be a major pain in the ass... but I'll deal with that when it gets here. Hopefully the worst of the snow will hold up until I'm not walking to/from the bus stops... gods I hate riding the bus. But I'm sick of missing this, dammit... I'll be there if I have to travel by dog sled. awesome SP powers activate!
moonchylde
Resident Fur-fag

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-04-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Final Report

Post  Cudgel on Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:00 pm

After this, this section is locked. Move all to January Planning...

Default Re: Cincinnati Dec. 28 - Candlelight Vigil
5 Anons: Scary, Rusty, True, Moonchylde and me braved the 24 degree weather to station ourselves with candles and appropriate signs* across from the org on West 4th Street at a new time and day: a Monday at 4 p.m.

The first thing we noticed was the big for sale sign in the window! Our glee was tempered by the knowledge that the scilons had begun remodeling the former Baptist church they bought in Florence, KY (just across the river from Cincinnati) to become the new ideal org. (Their mistake: the new site is logistically perfect for protests - contact has already been made with Florence PD and the neighbors, none of whom is happy with the org).

It was a productive event. Being downtown at the start of rush hour exposed many new people to the cause. As we are stationed across from the org, we are standing partly in the exit of a a large parking garage. Rusty got many thumbs up and waves as he offered copies of our "Why Are They Dead" flyer. More accepted it than declined. Lots more foot traffic came our way as the people who work downtown walked to their apartments/condos in the area. ALL either greeted us warmly as they passed or stopped to talk.

The scilons who came out to smoke were greeted with a chorus of "If OT powers were real, would we still be here?". Several put out their tobacco and went back inside...

We felt sorry for the receptionist inide the org. She kept rearranging the signs and easels in front of her desk to hide from the signs. Just by moving a step or two to the left or right we were able to get around her blocking tech. Then she started contorting herself. She's going to be stiff.

Chocolate chip cookies by Mrs. C and a warm pub afterward completed the raid. Pix up as soon as I get time...

January planning is now in process. Pix up as soon as I get more time.

*signs: 1. Why are they dead? (list of departed)
2. Why does Miscavige live like a king while Sea Org members starve when stats are low? Is Dave above stats?
3. Tommy Davis says the disconnect policy is no more: have you called your family lately?

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Finally, pix!

Post  Cudgel on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:24 am

The camera apparently did not like the cold. I had to work to recover these images! Canon has been contacted and the cameras are ready for January.

Rusty, Moonchylde and True

Scary and Rusty

Scary watches while Rusty stops and contemplates.

Scary talks with the gent who says he's an Internet journalist. We're waiting to hear when he posts something. I'm not holding my breath...

True mans his post.

Cudgel the Clever, 2011
Cudgel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top