Cincinnati Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Halloween Happening

+2
Scary
Cudgel
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When shall we Trick or Treat the cult?

Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Halloween Happening - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 9

Halloween Happening - Page 2 Empty Re: Halloween Happening

Post  Cudgel Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:23 pm

roarsauce wrote:By the way my luck is going I'm not sure if I will be able to go. My mother isn't "against" the idea but my father is. His whole aspect is that protesting is an idiotic waste of time, so any ideas on how I can convinced him otherwise?

Depending on his age, you might remind him that it was peaceful (mostly) protests that got: the Civil Rights Act passed; women the right to vote; 18 year olds the right to vote; an end to the Vietnam war. Should I continue?
Cudgel
Cudgel

Number of posts : 1017
Registration date : 2008-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  roarsauce Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:01 pm

Depending on his age, you might remind him that it was peaceful (mostly) protests that got: the Civil Rights Act passed; women the right to vote; 18 year olds the right to vote; an end to the Vietnam war. Should I continue?
Middle aged Id say, late 30s early 40s ish. Knowing him he would dismiss these with an insult but this has given me a good idea. I may have the upper hand now *maniacal laughter*

Good news, I had a conversation with him and it didn't include insults or I walking to my room in a fit of anger! I believe I am winning.
roarsauce
roarsauce
Pre-Anon

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:36 pm

Roar I admire your tenacity in expressing yourself to your parents. I wish mine had more of a social conscious, I'd welcome them to protest with me. I cannot think what might work to get your father to pay attention...I cannot imagine not listening to my kids and also cannot imagine discouraging them from protesting something that is important to them. So good luck! Ken, welcome.
Scary
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

Number of posts : 1338

Back to top Go down

Post  roarsauce Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:49 pm

It seems like your luck has helped me, and it appears that I will 100% be going. With the "We're a culture, not a costume" poster campaign going on here in Ohio people have been making parodies. While browsing some of them and loling I saw this and I was happy. Halloween Happening - Page 2 ScientologyHalloween
roarsauce
roarsauce
Pre-Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Cudgel Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:35 pm

roarsauce wrote:It seems like your luck has helped me, and it appears that I will 100% be going.

Cool. Am I meeting you at the Marathon station or will you have a ride?

If you have a ride from your parents, it might be beneficial if you could get them to come to the meeting point with you so we can meet them and they can meet us. But only if you want to...

Cudgel
Cudgel

Number of posts : 1017

Back to top Go down

Post  roarsauce Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:41 pm

Cool. Am I meeting you at the Marathon station or will you have a ride?

If you have a ride from your parents, it might be beneficial if you could get them to come to the meeting point with you so we can meet them and they can meet us. But only if you want to...

I would be taken by the parents, or parent. They will more then likely want to stay just to make sure I don't get hurt or anything so I've come up with a small plan to make sure the scilons don't think they are affiliated.
roarsauce
roarsauce
Pre-Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:36 pm

see you all! rock the scilons!
Scary
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

Back to top Go down

Post  roarsauce Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:44 pm

That feeling of betrayal has hit me pretty hard just now. My dad spent the better part of the day trying to bribe me with large flat screens and bluray players to get out of going, but I refused those. And now he told me that we weren't going at all, the excuse being its to far and its a waste of time. It's obvious that next time I should just do the car pool instead of trying to win over my dad. So please take a thousand pictures for me if you can.
roarsauce
roarsauce
Pre-Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Scary Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:53 pm

there still might be time to catch cudgel...
Scary
Scary
Meritorious Enturbulator

Back to top Go down

Post  roarsauce Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Scary wrote:there still might be time to catch cudgel...

12 now, and he said to let him know before 9 if I had to change my plans. Sadly I will have to wait, but now they owe me severely, especially telling me that I can go and then wait hours before saying no.
roarsauce
roarsauce
Pre-Anon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: